IMAC Martial Arts Ireland is a National Governing Body for Martial Arts in Ireland. IMAC is a multi-disciplinary martial arts body and currently represents martial arts clubs throughout the 32 counties of Ireland.
IMAC Membership benefits include
- Access to the IMAC National Martial Arts Coaching Programme.
- Guidance on anti-doping policy for national and international competition.
- Training in relation to Young People’s Code of Ethics.
- Access to Coaching Development Programmes.
IMAC National Vetting certification.
- IMAC Certificate of Membership.
- Opportunity to apply for funding to hold Women In Martial Arts taster events.
- Access to Dept TT & Sports, Local Sports Partnership and Irish Sports Council funding initiatives.
- The right to use the IMAC Member logo on club promotional material.
IMAC Membership responsibilities include
Every Member, Instructor, Club, Organisation and Advisory Body of IMAC Martial Arts Ireland is required to adhere to the following Policies, Practices & Procedures
- The IMAC Martial Arts Ireland Operational Framework (Constitution)
- The IMAC Martial Arts Ireland Rules & Regulations
- The IMAC Martial Arts Ireland Young People’s Policy
- The IMAC Martial Arts Ireland Garda Vetting Policy
- The IMAC Martial Arts Ireland Anti-Doping Policy
- The IMAC Martial Arts Ireland Competition Code of Conduct
- The IMAC Martial Arts Ireland Weapons Protocol
IMAC registered Coaches are required to....
... attend a Code of Ethics for Young People in Sport workshop
(1 Instructor in every club by 1/1/2013 - Every Instructor in every club by 1/1/14)
... attain an IMAC Level 1 Martial Arts Coaching award.
(1 Instructor in every club by 1/1/2014 - Every Instructor in every club by 1/1/15)
... maintain full Insurance cover in place at all time.
... develop a Safe, Fun and Child-centered training environment for young people who wish to learn and practice Martial Arts.
IMAC registered Coaches are required NOT to....
... engage in any activity or behavior that could bring Martial Arts into disrepute
...engage in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Ultimate Fighting or other combat focused activities.
The annual membership fee varies from club to club as it is influenced by the number of students training at your club. Please contact IMAC for further information.
The IMAC Membership form (including fees due) is available for download in the downloads section of this website.
IMAC will consider applications for membership from any Martial Arts organisation in Ireland on the basis of the criteria laid down in the IMAC Operational Framework and the constitution of the Advisory Board to which the organisation would be affiliating.